Every now and again you come across people who exhibit an extreme level of creativity, dedication, and innovation. In exercising my passion for fashion that gives back, I feel as though this is happening more and more.
For those who have an interest in anything eco, be it fashion, food, or technology, Tree Hugger is most probably a house hold name. But what about the force behind the scenes?
Meet Graham Hill, Tree Hugger’s founder and the vice president of Interactive Media. With a laundry list of interests as varied as the nationalities on the streets of New York City, it is no wonder that Hill is the mastermind behind a site we’ve all come to love.
Just the other day I stopped Mr. Hill in his tracks, to ask him a few questions. Check them out below.
1. First off, I would like to know a little bit about you. If you were in an elevator, what would you say to someone who wished to know your background info.
“I come from a design background but am very much an entrepreneur. I love building things, particularly environmentally or socially progressive things.”
2. What inspired you to start Tree Hugger?
“There seemed to be a lot of sites that were about “No!” and inspired by fear, I thought we needed some “Yes!” and inspire by hope. And a modern, design oriented place where the amazing green future could be tried on. A place to inspire. A place to bring the amazing stuff out there into one place.”
3. Are you eco-friendly in other aspects of your life?
“More than most. But I fly…”
4. What sets Tree Hugger apart from other websites of similar nature?
“There are many similar now. We have a great team and are very prolific and a well oiled machine at this point, with a lot of experience.”
5. If you could describe Tree Hugger’s mission in one phrase, what would it be?
“Drive Green into the mainstream.”